Location: Virginia Beach, VA
Job Type: Full-Time
Air-Tite Products is seeking a team player to join our solid warehouse group.
Air-Tite has been in business since 1926. We specialize in the importation, distribution, and sales of specialty hypodermic products for the human healthcare, animal health, and laboratory industries. A small company, located in beautiful Virginia Beach, VA, we are seeking to expand our team by adding talented, innovative contributors.
Salary: $16-$20 an hour
What you’ll do:
- Accurately collect merchandise through warehouse to fulfill orders
- Receive and document merchandise for delivery or return
- Inventory counts at defined time intervals
- Identify missing or damaged materials and report to team leader
- Manage inventory with care
- Comply with all company policies
- Assist with training of new employees
- Scan product labels to ensure accuracy
- Prepare packages for shipment, verifying accuracy of products and shipping addresses
- May be assigned a specific product group to manage inventory FIFO – First In First Out
- Placement and organization of stock items and reserve inventory
- Load and unload cargo trucks and containers for shipping and receiving
- Ability or willingness to operate forklift (training available if needed)
- Punctuality and dependability for 8:30 – 5:00 shift M-F
- Keep work area clean and organized per general housekeeping guidelines
- Follow safety protocols
- May be asked to direct activities of temporary employees on an as-needed basis
- Additional duties as requested by team leader or management
What you’ll bring (Minimum Requirements):
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. College level courses, additional training or coursework is a plus.
- Must be a team player, willing to provide feedback and receive constructive criticism
- Should have a Quality oriented mindset, focused on customer satisfaction
- Maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to work on feet for 8 hours per day and carry loads up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and with a team safely and effectively
- Ability to problem solve
- Provide a high level of communication with team members and team leader
- Basic level computer literacy and technology skills
- Ideal candidate has between 5-15 years of warehouse experience.
These would be nice too (Knowledge Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of FIFO system
- Forklift Certified
Why work at Air-Tite?
- Competitive salary and benefits in a small company, family environment
- Dedicated and passionate co-workers
Air-Tite Products is an Equal Opportunity employer. Please send letters of interest, resume, and salary requirements to [email protected].